Hi there, and welcome to Million Moments Photography! You might know me from my main blog, A Million Moments, but I’m also the person behind the lens here. This site was born out of my obsession for photography and growing need to share my knowledge of it with the others. I picked up a DSLR for the first time six years ago when I started A Million Moments, and in that time I have studied, practiced, and practiced some more to get me where I am today. I have made tons of mistakes along the way, and even though I am at this place in my craft I am still learning myself. Here is a little about my professional life and things I’ve done:
- In 2010 I picked up my first DSLR and fell in love. After that it was all over and I had picked up a life altering obsession.
- I am completely self-taught. I’ve never taken a photography class in my life, and have no formal training of any kind.
- In 2014, I was a speaker at the annual SoFabCon (a blogging conference) on photography. It was my first speaking gig ever and I’m sure you could tell I was totally green.
- After that, I wrote a few courses on photography for bloggers that have been very successful.
- For the past few years, my main photography focus has been brand related – corporate, commercial, and product based. I’ve been super busy with that, but for 2016 I am making an effort to return to my first love – lifestyle photography. I adore capturing magical moments, and yes you can find me in some crazy positions trying to get them!
This space is something that I have dreamed about for a long time, and I couldn’t be happier that it is finally here! I credit that to all of the awesome people who pushed me along when I wasn’t motivated, because without that this site wouldn’t exist today.
Anyway, that’s all for now, but come back periodically for updates on the page, myself, and other information about me.